Vision (Policy AD): The Las Cruces Public Schools exemplifies a world-class educational system where all students are prepared to succeed in a diverse and increasingly complex global society and affirms that a high-quality education is the fundamental right of every child.
Mission (Policy AD): The Las Cruces Public Schools, in partnership with students, families, and the community, provide a student-centered learning environment that cultivates character, fosters academic excellence, and embraces diversity.
Goals (Policy BA):
- Promote relevant and rigorous education for a diverse student community by continuous monitoring, assessment, and revision of the District’s Educational Plan for Student Success (EPSS)
- Promote a positive and effective relationship with the Superintendent.
- Provide leadership and budgetary resources to support differentiated professional development.
- Support collaboration to build confidence among key stakeholders (i.e. schools, families, community) to accomplish the District’s mission.
- Review, authorize, and support the District’s capital assets and facilities master plan.
- Approve a budget and provide fiduciary oversight to meet District’s mission and goals.
Board Meetings and Schedule
The School Board will meet in the board room of the administration building. See schedule. All meetings are open to the public except such as are adjudicatory in nature or pertain to personnel matters. An agenda for each meeting may be obtained from the superintendent 24 hours in advance of the meeting. Any deviation from this schedule will be published in accordance with established procedure of the Board of Education pertinent to special and emergency meetings.
School Board meetings are televised live on CLC-TV channel 20, and then rebroadcast the following Saturday at 7:00 am.
Las Cruces Public Schools will provide an interpreter for the hearing impaired upon requests which are submitted to the Superintendent’s Office at least three days prior to the meeting.
Minutes, agendas, and packets
Notice of 2013-14 regular school board meetings
Notice of 2013-14 school board work sessions
2012-13 school board agenda deadlines (Schedule to submit agenda items)
2011 Open Meetings Act Resolution
In The News
- Bond, Mill Levy Pass: Official Vote Totals.
- Denise Chavez, Other Authors Part of Sept. 26 Literacy Night.
- School Board Meets Sept. 17.
- School Board Meets Aug. 22.
- Board Sets 2013-14 Meeting Schedule.
- Vista 7th Graders Outscore Seniors.
- Summer Reading Kickoff Is June 15.
- School Board Adopts Health Resolution.
- School Board Meets May 21.
- Board Honors Staff Excellence.