Board of Education
Vision (Policy AD): The Las Cruces Public Schools exemplifies a world-class educational system where all students are prepared to succeed in a diverse and increasingly complex global society and affirms that a high-quality education is the fundamental right of every child.
Mission (Policy AD): The Las Cruces Public Schools, in partnership with students, families, and the community, provides a student-centered learning environment that cultivates character, fosters academic excellence, and embraces diversity.
Board of Education Goals:
Board Meetings and Schedule
The School Board will meet in the board room of the administration building. See schedule. All meetings are open to the public except such as are adjudicatory in nature or pertain to personnel matters. An agenda for each meeting may be obtained from the superintendent 72 hours in advance of the meeting. Any deviation from this schedule will be published in accordance with established procedure of the Board of Education pertinent to special and emergency meetings.
School Board meetings are televised live on CLC-TV channel 20.
Las Cruces Public Schools will provide an interpreter for the hearing impaired upon requests which are submitted to the Superintendent’s Office at least three days prior to the meeting.
School Board Resolutions
In The News
- School Board | Straight Talk.
- Retirement/Scholarship Banquet Is May 7.
- School Board Meets April 15.
- Bond, Mill Levy Pass: Official Vote Totals.
- Denise Chavez, Other Authors Part of Sept. 26 Literacy Night.
- School Board Meets Sept. 17.
- School Board Meets Aug. 22.
- Board Sets 2013-14 Meeting Schedule.
- Vista 7th Graders Outscore Seniors.
- Summer Reading Kickoff Is June 15.