The Institute for Parent Engagement (IPE) is designed to strengthen the connection between families and schools and to equip parents with the tools needed at every level of their children’s educational journey. Participating in IPE will help parents be better advocates for their children and have stronger voices in their schools. This, in turn, will help students do better in their classes and in higher education.
IPE is successful because of the commitment to connecting families, schools and community as partners. We vow to advance the education of every child through parent engagement so that all children can achieve their greatest academic potential.
Please take a moment to watch a short video about our program:
Why should you participate in the IPE program?
In IPE, parents learn how to create a home learning environment and support their children’s emotional and social development. They learn how to calculate their children’s GPA and how to collaborate with teachers, counselors and principals, as well. In addition, they learn the importance of district assessments, the state’s A-F school grading system, and state and LCPS academic standards. If that wasn’t enough, parents walk away with the knowledge of: 1) meeting LCPS high school graduation requirements; 2) taking advantage of dual-credit courses offered at our high schools; 3) scoring high on SAT and ACT exams; and 4) maintaining a good grade point average. All these can add up to a free education through the state lottery scholarship program, other scholarships, grants, etc.
In The News
- INVOLVING PARENTS IN EDUCATION PROGRAM.
- Parent Engagement Program Begins Spring Sessions.
- Parents Graduate From Popular School Engagement Program – IPE.
- IPE Update | Straight Talk.
- LCPS Parent Program Graduation Is March 21.
- 2014 I.P.E. | Straight Talk.
- WATCH THE LCPS IPE PARENT PROGAM GRADUATION LIVE ON LCPS.TV!.
- LCPS Parent Program Graduation Is Nov. 18.
- Institute for Parent Engagement | Straight Talk.
- Recruiters Needed for Parent Program.