Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation
Many Hands, Many Hearts, One Goal.
Together, Supporting Our Children
Now you can contribute to the Foundation online! Click the Donation button below to donate by credit card or through PayPal. Your donation will be processed through PayPal Merchant Services even if you do not have a PayPal account. When you have completed the transaction you will be returned to our site.
LCPS Foundation Offers Three Scholarships to 2015 Grads; Deadline Is April 1, 2015
The LCPS Foundation is offering four scholarships to 2015 LCPS graduates. “This year, students need only to complete a single application to qualify for multiple scholarships,” said Las Cruces Public Schools Executive Director Nyeta Haines. She credits the Foundation’s partnership with the Canadian-based company Fluid Review to the improved application process. The following scholarships are available:
- The Debi True Rounds Memorial Scholarship is a $500, non-renewable scholarship awarded to a student who participated in marching band during his or her high school years and plans to major in music or music education at New Mexico State University in the fall of 2015.
- The J. Paul Taylor Scholarship is a $500, non-renewable scholarship awarded to a student who plans to enroll at NMSU in the fall of 2015.
- SAVE Scholarship, established by the Picacho Quilters, is a $1,500 non-renewable scholarship to a graduating senior from the Las Cruces school district who plans to enroll in any post graduate program in the Fall of 2015.
- SAVE Scholarship, established by the Picacho Quilters, is a $1000 non-renewable scholarship awarded to a graduating senior from the Las Cruces School District student who attended Picacho Middle School for at least one year and plans to enroll in any post graduate program in the Fall of 2015.
The deadline to apply for these scholarships is 12 p.m., Wednesday, April 1, 2015. Apply online by visiting the registration website at https://lcpsf.fluidreview.com/. Haines said scholarship recipients will be notified mid-May.
The Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation, a private, non-profit corporation, exists for the sole purpose of attracting and managing private gift and project funds to enhance and enrich the educational experiences of the students of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
Direct Gift Now available: Now you can have your gift deducted automatically from your checking or savings account. Available in printable Word document and interactive Word document.
P.O. Box 16214
Las Cruces, N.M. 88004
Supporting Our Students and Staff: The LCPS Foundation works diligently to raise funds to support the schools’ educational goals. Each year, the Foundation provides financial support to a number of LCPS programs and to local educators. Monies that are raised by the Board of Directors’ projects are distributed to the classrooms, schools and to professional educators in a timely fashion. Private, corporate and educational donations have made dreams come true. This is only the beginning! We hope you will support our efforts and we value your involvement and input.
The Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation, Inc., was conceived in 1999 and quickly developed in gaining support and in attracting contributions. The Foundation is a separate entity from the school district operating and managing its gifts separately from the school system. With its nonprofit status and mission to support the schools, the Foundation is able to give more financial help to our students, educators and district programs each year.
We welcome feedback from the community, especially LCPS staff. Contact Nyeta Haines, LCPS Foundation Executive Director, 505 S. Main St., Ste 249, Las Cruces, NM 88001. 527-5807, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn Middle School sixth-grade science teacher Amy Lopeman (third from left, holding the check) got a $707.25 grant from the LCPS Foundation December 12, 2013 to help pay for her “Crawling Through Earth’s Layers” student project. With Lopeman are LCPS Foundation Board of Directors members, left to right, Larry Altamirano (LCPS Director of Transportation) and Jennifer Terrazas (retired LCPS principal), Lynn Middle School Principal Mary Nuñez, LCPS Foundation Board member Brenda Van Dyke and LCPS Foundation Executive Director Nyeta Haines…read the news release.
- TEACHER/STAFF GRANTS AVAILABLE from the Las Cruces Public Schools Foundation!.
- LCPS Foundation Has Successful Year; More Coming in 2014-15.
- Hermosa Heights E.S. Has Growing Tower Garden.
- Hundreds Turn Out for Comcast Cares Day at Mesilla E.S..
- Tapia Is 2015 Teacher of the Year; Torres is Bilingual Teacher of the Year.
- LCPS Foundation Scholarships Application Deadline Extended to April 18.
- LCPS Foundation Grant Helps BTW Students Attend Mariachi Conference.
- Nov. 15 Is LCPS Foundation Grant Deadline.
- Citizens Bank Debit Cards Benefit High Schools, LCPS Foundation.
- LCPS Foundation Has New Director, Officers, Members.