Health Conditions at School
If your student has a medical condition such as Diabetes, Asthma, Seizures, Food Allergy, etc. or any other medical condition you feel your school nurse needs to be aware of, please contact him or her to inform them of your child’s medical condition and discuss any special health-related needs your student might have while at school.
- Provide new medical provider orders yearly to the school nurse pertaining to the student’s medical condition and care of said condition while at school.
- Provide up-to-date emergency contact numbers.
- Keep school nurse informed of any changes to your student’s health needs.
- Provide and replenish all medication and/or medical equipment/supplies needed at school for your student’s health condition.
AFTER SCHOOL CONSIDERATIONS
- After School Programs both groups and individuals, are responsible for their own emergency action plans including care of students with health conditions, routine or emergency medication administration, general first aid and/or emergency care, parent-supplied medication and emergency contact information.
- Supplies, medications and medical information provided to the school nurse and LCPS Health Services Department by parents for use during regular school hours will not be available for after-school program use. Additionally, school nurse assistance is not available after contract hours.
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION FORMS AND ACTION PLANS
All forms for medication administration in school and action plans for health conditions such as Asthma, Diabetes and Life-Threatening Food Allergies can be found here.