Advanced Education Services
Policy IKE: Placement, Promotion, Acceleration and Retention
- IKE: Placement, Promotion, Acceleration and Retention
- IKE-R: Regulation
- IKE-E1: LCPS Academic Acceleration Guidance Manual
- IKE-E2: Appendix B: LCPS Academic Evaluation Master List
- IKE-E3: Appendix C: LCPS Acceleration Data Point Check List
- IKE-E4: Appendix D: LCPS Individualized Acceleration Learning Plan
LCPS Gifted Task Force Recommendations
We are committed to the identification and development of our diverse population of gifted students. We envision a K-12 experience where identified gifts are fostered and the social-emotional needs of the whole child are addressed. This occurs within an environment of challenging and meaningful learning experiences where learners are encouraged to develop their academic abilities to their fullest potential.
Advanced Education Services recognizes and addresses the rights of gifted students to be provided with the direction, time, encouragement, and resources to realize their potential in order to become confident, productive adults.
AES Program Goals
Goal 1: Student Identification
Determine comprehensive, cohesive and clearly articulated procedures for the identification of gifted students which include alternate pathways to eligibility for a culturally, linguistically, socio economically diverse population
Goal 2: Professional Development
AES will Provide professionals who have:
- specialized preparation in gifted education,
- expertise in appropriate differentiated content and instructional methods,
- involvement in ongoing professional development,
and who possess exemplary personal and professional traits to serve gifted students.
Goal 3: Socio-Emotional Guidance
AES will recognize and nurture the unique socio-emotional development of gifted learners.
Goal 4: Program Design
The AES Department will provide comprehensive gifted services based on sound philosophical, theoretical, and empirical support.
Goal 5: Gifted Curriculum – Service Delivery
Gifted education services provided by AES will include curricular and instructional opportunities directed to the unique needs of the gifted child.
Goal 6: Program Administration and Evaluation
AES will include the establishment of a systematic means of developing, implementing, managing and evaluating services.
Goal 7: Advocacy
Advanced Education Services Facilitators will collaborate with parents and community:
- To enhance the awareness of academic, social and emotional needs of gifted students
- Toadvocate for gifted education