The Las Cruces Public Schools Professional Development Center is committed to cultivating high quality, effective teaching and learning.
The Las Cruces Professional Development Center provides teachers, administrators, and other district personnel with instructional resources, professional development and support. Funded with district operational funds and Federal Title II funds, the Professional Development Center offers the following opportunities:
- Coordination of district-wide training for curriculum, technology integration and school improvement implementation
- Teacher training in literacy, numeracy, science, technology integration and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- An Induction Program for Level I and alternative licensure teachers, providing training, site-based mentors, resources and individual support
- A professional development component for administrators
- Coordinate placement of university pre-service teachers
- A store with current learning materials and classroom resources
- Staff assistance in materials and resources location and production
- Support for the Professional Development Dossier, Levels II & III
- Support for National Board for Professional Teaching Standards candidates
- Coordination of the district Professional Development calendar
- Coordination of the training and role of the Instructional Specialists assigned to each school
- Coordination of services provided by the Science Education Alliance, an educational non-profit dedicated to supporting STEM instruction.