Instructional Guides: ELA: Grade K
Kinder Focus Areas:
- Naming and writing upper- and lowercase letters and matching letters to sounds.
- Identifying words that rhyme.
- Learning to read common kinder high-frequency words such as the, of, you, are, she, and
- Asking and answering questions about a story the teacher reads out loud to include: Identifying characters, settings, and major events in a story and recognizing the person, place, thing, or idea that an illustration shows.
- Participating in discussions by listening and taking turns speaking, expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.
Standards at a Glance