Instructional Guides: ELA: Grade 2
Second Grade Focus Areas:
- Reading various genres, including fables and folktales from different cultures where students identify the moral or theme. Reading texts about history, social studies, and science where students will identify the main idea.
- Answering who, what, where, when, why, and how questions about stories and books and identifying the authors supporting details.
- Working together to gather facts about a topic and describing what was learned in their own words.
- Writing about a short series of events and describing actions, thoughts, and feelings and writing about their opinion on books using important details and examples to support a position.
- Participating in class discussions by listening and building on what others are saying.