Arts, Visual and Performing
The Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator assists the administration in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Fine Arts education program in the Las Cruces Public Schools, by providing arts expertise toward the formulation and implementation of curriculum, goals, objectives and evaluation.
- Coordination of the elementary visual arts and music programs, scheduling, staffing and planning.
- Coordination of visiting Artists in Residence programs and special events: concerts, presentations, etc.
- Coordination of arts advocacy groups in the community to meet the needs of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
- Initiation and coordination of district arts events, including the publishing of the District Visual and Performing Arts Calendar.
Arts In The News
- New Student Art at County Building.
- Vista M.S.’s “Mulan, Jr.” Is April 21-24.
- Oñate Jazz Fest Strikes Right Note.
- Mayfield’s Amy Carpenter Stars in “Lion in Winter” at LCCT.
- High School Art Show Is April 11-19 at LC Museum of Art.
- Mayfield Orchestra 5K Run, Fun Walk, April 5.
- Las Cruces H.S. Modernaires Take First at National Choral Festival.
- Oñate Jazz Fest Is April 4; Features Darren Kramer.
- Oñate Winterguard Is 3rd in El Paso.
- Doña Ana E.S. “Clay Day” Is March 14.
- City of Las Cruces Museums
- Doña Ana Arts Council
- Kennedy Center ArtsEdge
- LCPS Performing Arts Schedule of Events
- National Art Education Association
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- NM-PED Arts – News and Overview
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Performing Arts Center at Oñate Events
- Standards and Benchmarks (for theater, music, art and dance)