Arts, Visual and Performing
The Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator assists the administration in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Fine Arts education program in the Las Cruces Public Schools, by providing arts expertise toward the formulation and implementation of curriculum, goals, objectives and evaluation.
- Coordination of the elementary visual arts and music programs, scheduling, staffing and planning.
- Coordination of visiting Artists in Residence programs and special events: concerts, presentations, etc.
- Coordination of arts advocacy groups in the community to meet the needs of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
- Initiation and coordination of district arts events, including the publishing of the District Visual and Performing Arts Calendar.
Arts In The News
- Oñate Students Named to All State Band.
- Fifth-Graders Tour Camino Real M.S..
- Oñate’s “Tarzan the Musical” Is Nov. 20-25.
- Middle School Art on Display in Admin Bldg.
- LCPS Foundation Grant Helps BTW Students Attend Mariachi Conference.
- Mayfield Band Fruit Sale Thru Nov. 22.
- LCPS Staff in Nov. 16 “Broadway Babies”.
- Mayfield Takes Theatre State Championship.
- LCPS.TV to Webcast Nov. 2 Tournament of Bands.
- Centennial Band Holiday Fair Is Nov. 15-16.
- City of Las Cruces Museums
- Doña Ana Arts Council
- Kennedy Center ArtsEdge
- LCPS Performing Arts Schedule of Events
- National Art Education Association
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- NM-PED Arts – News and Overview
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Performing Arts Center at Oñate Events
- Standards and Benchmarks (for theater, music, art and dance)