Arts, Visual and Performing
The Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator assists the administration in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Fine Arts education program in the Las Cruces Public Schools, by providing arts expertise toward the formulation and implementation of curriculum, goals, objectives and evaluation.
- Coordination of the elementary visual arts and music programs, scheduling, staffing and planning.
- Coordination of visiting Artists in Residence programs and special events: concerts, presentations, etc.
- Coordination of arts advocacy groups in the community to meet the needs of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
- Initiation and coordination of district arts events, including the publishing of the District Visual and Performing Arts Calendar.
Arts In The News
- “Nine” Features Las Cruces H.S., Central E.S. Students.
- LCPS Staff: Submit Art for Fall Show.
- Desert Hills E.S. Has 3rd-Grade Readers’ Theater.
- Conlee E.S. Readers Rock.
- Elementary Art Now on Display.
- Tombaugh E.S. Has Cinco de Mayo Celebration — on Cinco de Mayo!.
- Las Cruces H.S. Teams Win at Chalk Art Festival.
- Hermosa Heights E.S. Walkers Earn Tee Shirts.
- STUDENT ART AT COUNTY GOVERNMENT BUILDING.
- Vista M.S.’s “Mulan, Jr.” Is April 21-24.
- City of Las Cruces Museums
- Doña Ana Arts Council
- Kennedy Center ArtsEdge
- LCPS Performing Arts Schedule of Events
- National Art Education Association
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- NM-PED Arts – News and Overview
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Performing Arts Center at Oñate Events
- Standards and Benchmarks (for theater, music, art and dance)