Arts, Visual and Performing
The Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator assists the administration in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive Fine Arts education program in the Las Cruces Public Schools, by providing arts expertise toward the formulation and implementation of curriculum, goals, objectives and evaluation.
- Coordination of the elementary visual arts and music programs, scheduling, staffing and planning.
- Coordination of visiting Artists in Residence programs and special events: concerts, presentations, etc.
- Coordination of arts advocacy groups in the community to meet the needs of the Las Cruces Public Schools.
- Initiation and coordination of district arts events, including the publishing of the District Visual and Performing Arts Calendar.
Arts In The News
- March 2014: New Student Art Show at County Building.
- Mayfield Orchestra 5K Run, Fun Walk, April 5.
- New Student Art Show at County Building.
- “Disney’s Beauty and the Beast” Is March 6-8; Features 70+ LCPS Students.
- LCPS High School Art Show Opens.
- Las Cruces H.S. Choir Yard Sale Is March 1.
- Columbia E.S. Chorus Performs for School Board.
- Mayfield, Oñate Choirs Perform Feb. 26.
- Mayfield Band Enchilada Dinner Is Feb. 22.
- Centennial Band “Play All Day” Is Jan. 25.
- City of Las Cruces Museums
- Doña Ana Arts Council
- Kennedy Center ArtsEdge
- LCPS Performing Arts Schedule of Events
- National Art Education Association
- New Mexico Art Education Association
- NM-PED Arts – News and Overview
- New Mexico Music Educators Association
- Performing Arts Center at Oñate Events
- Standards and Benchmarks (for theater, music, art and dance)