Apply: Substitute Custodian
1. Complete and submit the application for substitute on Applitrack
- To complete the application you will need:
- a letter of reference
- a diploma or college transcripts
2. A Substitute interview will be scheduled for you
3. You will need to schedule a time to be fingerprinted for a background clearance. Provide a money order or cashier’s check for $40.00 made out to Las Cruces Public Schools to pay for the background investigation.
4. Upon notification of your background being cleared you will be scheduled to complete LCPS employee paperwork.
5. Complete the required new employee training
6. Substitute services will notify you when have been cleared to begin substituting.
Substitute Custodians will be limited to working a maximum of 30 hours per week.
Substitute Custodians are paid at a rate of $9.20 per hour.