Apply: Substitute Teacher/Educational Assistant
Requirements for applying for a Substitute Teaching/Educational Assistant Position
1. High School Diploma or Equivalency.
2. Must be eligible for or currently hold a valid New Mexico Substitute Teaching License or Teaching License.
1. Enrolled in Education Department of a University and have completed at least 75 credit hours.
2. Bachelor Degree or Higher Degree/ teaching certificate, highly desired.
Able to obtain a Satisfactory Background check ($44.00 fee)
Possess a valid Substitute or Teaching License
Be able to obtain a valid Substitute Teaching license ($35.00 PED application fee)
Procedure for applying for a Substitute Teaching/Educational Assistant
a. One letter of reference
b. College transcript
2. Complete and submit the application for substitute on Applitrack
3. An interview may be scheduled for you, during the interview; obtaining a background check and the Public Education Department licensing procedure will be discussed.