Library Technical Services receives, catalogs, processes and delivers all print and non-print materials to each library. Inter-Library Loan (ILL) between all LCPS schools, Thomas Branigan Memorial Library, New Mexico State University and Dona Ana Branch Community College is facilitated by this department. This department packs, unpacks and re-shelves library materials as needed when new or replacement furniture is installed at a school.
All libraries are fully automated. Technical assistance is available to each library to facilitate the use of the Destiny Library Manager program.
Assistance to elementary Associate Librarians is available upon request, to prepare book order lists. These lists should reflect age appropriate, award winning, positively reviewed, curriculum related and leisure reading titles. The lists should also address the collection development needs unique to each school. All requests for library books, ebooks and audiovisual materials needs to follow the Purchase Routing Form process listed below.
Textbooks are requested through the Destiny Textbook Manager by school textbook personnel. Requests that cannot be filled through Destiny Textbook Manager should be sent to the Department of Learning, Teaching and Research as a purchase request by the school’s administrator. Adopted materials should be submitted as an iStar cart and non-adopted materials should be on a Textbook Requisition Form, 50% Non-adopted.
When placing an Instruction Materials (Textbook) order with school funds:
- Adopted materials: use iSTAR – Contact this department (527-6065) for help with ordering
- Non-adopted materials: Use Textbook Requisition Form (available on LCPS website, forms) or get quote from vendor
Purchase Request Routing Form: Purchases of textbooks, instructional support materials, instructional kits and library materials, regardless of funding source, will go through a review process before being entered into iVisions. Please follow the process below:
1. Person needing materials initiates order
2. Site Secretary initiates Purchase Request Routing Form
3. Principal or Department Head signs and dates Routing Form
4. Site Secretary scans and emails order details (iStar Cart, Non-adopted Form, or copy of order) and routing sheet to Textbook/Library Technical Services Manager
5. Textbook/Library Technical Services Manger submits to Instruction Director
6. Instruction returns to Textbook/Library Technical Services Manager
7. Approved Routing Form is returned to site Secretary
8. Site Secretary attaches routing sheet to PR in iVisions.
Textbook disposal is scheduled on a yearly basis for those items that are no longer adopted by the school district. All books for disposal must be approved by the Department of Learning Teacher and Research. Items for disposal should be entered on the Textbook Disposal Request Form (available on the website, forms) and submitted for approval. After approval is obtained for orders the disposal will be coordinated through this department. Schools will be notified of the dates disposal will take place and will be asked to give the number of boxes they will have for the disposal.