1,553 Seniors Set to Graduate from LCPS
LAS CRUCES—Hundreds of high school students from throughout Las Cruces Public Schools will don their caps and gowns as the 2017 commencement ceremonies take place in Las Cruces from Friday, May 19 to Tuesday, May 23. A total of 1,553 seniors are expected to graduate from the following schools: Arrowhead Park Early College High School (104 graduates); Centennial High School (290 graduates); Las Cruces High School (337 graduates); Mayfield High School (294 graduates); Oñate High School (352 graduates); and Rio Grande Preparatory Institute (176 graduates).
All the ceremonies will be web-streamed on www.LCPS.TV. The graduation schedule is as follows:
- Arrowhead Park Early College High School: Friday, May 19, 6:00 p.m., Las Cruces Convention Center; 680 E. University Ave. Free tickets are needed since seating is limited, however an adjacent room for the overflow will be available. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/vqWV09lui70.
- Las Cruces High School: Saturday, May 20, 9:00 a.m., Pan American Center at NMSU. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/9YpvGbPLzBA.
- Centennial High School: Saturday, May 20, 1:30 p.m., Pan American Center at NMSU. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/QJSHpbkjEMI.
- Rio Grande Preparatory Institute: Saturday, May 20, 6:00 p.m., Pan American Center at NMSU. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/DnBm-5dl6Y8.
- Oñate High School: Monday, May 22, 6:00 p.m., Pan American Center at NMSU. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/UpUuBpcNUCg.
- Mayfield High School: Tuesday, May 23, 6:00 p.m., Pan American Center at NMSU. Watch online at: https://youtu.be/U1CbnNDUK78.
Spectators are asked not to bring inflatable balls or other celebration items that may distract from the dignity of the ceremony, said district officials.
“We know graduation is a fun and exciting occasion for the family and friends of the graduates, but the commencement ceremony should also be dignified and revered,” said Jo Galvan, district spokesperson.
— For more information, contact Jo Galvan, LCPS Chief Communications Officer, 575.527.5811, firstname.lastname@example.org