MHS v LCHS Football Tickets on Sale; Toys Accepted at Gates
Tickets are now on sale for Friday night’s cross-town rivalry football game of the Mayfield Trojans vs the Las Cruces High Bulldawgs, to be held at Aggie Memorial Stadium at NMSU. Prices are $6 for adults and $3 for students and can be purchased at either high school from 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m. on Thursday (Nov. 6). On Friday, Nov. 5, ticket sales will be 9:00 a.m. – noon. Fans can also buy tickets on game-day at the gate, which open at 5:00 p.m. The big game begins at 7:00 p.m.
For the first time, U.S. Marine Corps Reserve officers will be at the gates with collection boxes to accept unwrapped toys for the less-fortunate children in Las Cruces. Take a new toy and participate in the “Toys for Tots” drive. Toys are needed for boys and girls for ages five-12.
Pregame tailgating is allowed on Friday from 4:00-7:00 p.m. Mayfield fans will use lots #33 and #38, immediately north of the stadium. LCHS fans will use lot #34, immediately east of the stadium. See the map. Officials encourage fans to arrive for the game no later than 6:30 p.m. and prevent prevent traffic congestion.
LCPS Athletics Director Ernie Viramontes says there are tailgating guidelines to observe:
• No alcohol inside the stadium or in the tailgating parking lots;
• Vehicles should park in designated rows and stalls and not block traffic;
• Don’t park in fire lanes;
• 1 parking space/stall may be reserved on the side of each vehicle for tailgating activities;
• Pop-up tents that do not require stakes are recommended;
• Grilling is allowed but no open flames are allowed;
• No glass containers are allowed in parking lots.
The game will be streamed at www.lcps.tv and for the first time will be in high definition providing a better a quality picture of the game over the Internet. The webcast begins shortly before 7:00 p.m.