School Board Meets April 15
LAS CRUCES – The LCPS Board of Education will meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014 in the board room of the LCPS administration building, 505 S. Main St., Loretto Towne Centre, Suite 249.
The agenda is expected to include:
· A performance by the Oñate High School Orchestra, directed by Eric Rangel;
· These recognitions:
- The Sunrise Elementary School archery team, which finished third in the 2014 National Archery in the Schools Program state tournament;
- The Las Cruces High School state champion coed varsity cheer squad;
- The Las Cruces and Centennial high school media teams, which finished first (LCHS) and second (CHS) in the 2014 National Student Television Network Convention competition; and
- Zia Middle School science teacher Anna Suggs, who won a National Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching.
· Approval of 2014-15 school year calendar and the Arrowhead Park Early College High School and Arrowhead Park Medical Academy 2014-15 school calendars;
· The April 2014 LCPS construction projects report;
· Third reading and approval of revised LCPS Policy JFA: Admission Procedures;
· Second reading of these revised policies: Policy GAA: Human Resource Development Systems; and Policy GBD: Family Medical Leave Act;
· First reading of new LCPS Policy DD: Outside Funding Sources and Grants and rescission of Policy #510: Acceptance of Grant Awards;
· Selection of the board’s 2014 New Mexico School Boards Association scholarship nominee.
For more information, contact LCPS Chief of Staff Leslie Cervantes at 575.527.5946 or email@example.com.