School Board Meets Aug. 22
LAS CRUCES – The LCPS Board of Education will meet in regular session at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, August 22, 2013. The meeting was originally scheduled for Tuesday, August 20.
The meeting will be held in the board room of the LCPS administration building, 505 S. Main St., Loretto Towne Centre, Suite 249.
The agenda is expected to include:
· Recognition of Oñate High School custodian Jose Frias for the mural he painted at the school;
· Updates from Superintendent Stan Rounds on new principal assignments for the 2013-14 school year and the University of Virginia Turnaround Schools program that is beginning its second year;
· Fourth quarter reports from Associate Superintendent for Finance Terry Dean for LCPS, La Academic Dolores Huerta Charter School and Las Montañas Charter High School;
· A report on the LCHS Summer Professional Development Academy by Professional Development Center Director Dr. Thea Hand;
· The August 2013 construction projects update, by Director of Construction Gloria Martinez;
· Approval of LCPS’ 2013-14 school bus inspection contact;
· Approval of the contract between LCPS and the Town of Mesilla to provide a school resource officer to the school district;
· Adoption of the 2013 Open Meetings Act Resolution;
· Discussion of 2014 New Mexico School Boards Association resolutions, including charter schools’ budget approval process, a moratorium on new charter schools, exclusion of charter school financial statements from district financial statements, federal funds carryover authorization, GRADS program accountability, school based health centers funding and collaboration and adequate public school funding;
· First reading and discussion of revised Policy and Regulation BA-R: Board Goals;
· First reading and discussion of revised Policy JLCD: Administering Medicines to Students;
· First reading and discussion of revised Policy JFA: Admission Procedures;
· Approval of two school name changes: 1) Changing Mesilla Valley Technical Center to Mesilla Valley Alternative Middle School; and 2) Changing San Andres High School to Rio Grande Prep Institute;
· Ratification of the 2013-15 LCPS collective bargaining agreement between the LCPS Board of Education and the Classified School Employees Council of Las Cruces (CSEC-LC).
For more information, contact LCPS Chief of Staff Leslie Cervantes at 575.527.5946 or email@example.com.
Click here to visit the LCPS Board of Education page: http://lcps.k12.nm.us/school-board/