School Board Meets June 25
LAS CRUCES – The LCPS Board of Education will meet in regular session (the board’s last meeting of the 2012-13 school year) at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 25, 2013 in the board room of the LCPS administration building, 505 S. Main St., Loretto Towne Centre, Suite 249.
The agenda is expected to include:
- Recognition of Vista Middle School Duke University Talent Identification Program participants;
- Approval of the 2014 high school graduation schedule (LCPS will have six graduation classes in May 2014, as Centennial High School and Arrowhead Park Early College High School have their first graduations ever, joining Las Cruces, Mayfield, Oñate and San Andres high schools);
- An update on the proposed Court Youth Center Charter Center;
- A presentation on K-12 Common Core State Standards pacing guides by Director of Secondary Education Ricky Williams and Coordinator for Elementary Instruction Lydia Polanco;
- A construction projects update by Construction Projects Manager Gloria Martinez;
- A report on the Safe Routes to Schools Program by Coordinator for Safety and Security Todd Gregory;
- Ratification of 2013-14 Classified School Employees Council (CSEC)-LC salary schedules;
- Approval of 2013-14 school board meeting schedules;
- First reading and approval of Policy JICFB: Bullying, Cyberbullying, Intimidation and Hostile or Offensive Conduct.
The school board will not meet in July 2013. Its next meeting will be a regular board meeting beginning at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 20, 2013.
For more information, contact LCPS Chief of Staff Leslie Cervantes at 575.527.5946 or firstname.lastname@example.org.