SHAC Meets May 1
LAS CRUCES – The LCPS School Health Advisory Council (SHAC) will hold its last meeting of the 2012-13 school year 4:00-5:00 p.m. (networking begins at 3:45 p.m.) Wednesday, May 1, 2013 in the Principals’ Center of the LCPS administration building, 505 S. Main St., Loretto Towne Centre, Suite 249.
The agenda is expected to include:
· Welcome, introductions and healthy snack
· Teen sexuality video preview; see video(s) made by students at Las Cruces High School to use for peer education. Presentation by LCPS Coordinator of Health Services Sandy Peugh;
· Texting to prevent bullying program. By LCPS Lead Psychologist Dr. Martin Greer
· Student health videos. Examples of some of the student-made health videos that will be shown May 6, by LCPS Health and Nutrition Specialist Barbara Berger.
· Announcements/upcoming events.
SHAC will resume meeting in August 2013.
For more information, contact Barbara Berger at 575.527.5943 or firstname.lastname@example.org.